What we provide to you from preparation before the mobility to the Final Report at the end of the mobility :
– French lessons and professional interview to be fully integrated into our service/budget
– Numerous internships in a wide range of business sectors in the Perpignan region (500 host companies)
– Internship tutoring, assessment of language knowledge and prior learning
– Training certification: training agreement, company certificate, Europass mobility
– MoU and ECVET (European Credit system for Vocational Education and Training) assessment
– Accommodation in the city center, several possibilities
– Transfer on arrival and departure
– Local transportation
– Socio-cultural activities
– 24/7 full support
What we ask you to provide us for managing the mobility : a precise list of the partcipants profile – age – accompagning person (not obligatory) – detailed CV’s including an ID picture
The key phase of the work based learning: Matching phase
– Professional objectives identification thanks to a specific Questionnaire on Google form (we have specific ones cooks and nurses)
– French test online thanks to our specific ALFMED language test
– Expectations and motivation assessment thanks to a Skype interview to ease the matching process
– Discussion with ALFMED network of Mentors (500 hosting companies) to validate and confirm participant’s placement
ALFMED staff takes care of welcoming students at the train station or at Perpignan airport and takes you directly to the accommodation. Local transfers from other airports (Girona & Barcelona – Toulouse & Carcassonne) are available on request.
All transfers and reception are provided by the staff of the Academy.
After settling into the accommodation, the student receives a file “the arrival pack”. It contains all the documents necessary for the stay:
- first week schedule
- this week’s program of activities in Perpignan
- the map of the surroundings of ALFMED
- the rules to be respected, internet access and the keys to the residence
- practical information and maps of the region
- all social activities carried out by ALFMED as well as the selection of cultural events in the city are displayed on the ALFMED Facebook
- ALFMED students use Instagram #alfmedperpignan to share photos
Resume workshop in French
Preparation of the student for the first meeting with the company. The essential points for the oral presentation are made with our internship tutor during a 2-hour workshop. At the end, students have a mock interview with ALFMED staff: personal information, language skills, academic and professional background, motivation and expectations, advice on French culture and intercultural communication…
Once a month we organize a SKILLS#Eu workshop among Erasmus+ students so that they can experiment and practice multicultural communication, a cool experience to break the ice!
The second day at the Academy: Internship meeting and city tour
Internship appointment: ALFMED staff brings the intern to the host company for the internship interview with the mentor. The interview allows a valuable informative contact with the Mentor of the company: presentation of the intern, definition of the working conditions: tasks and mutual expectations, calendars and schedules, dress code for the internship, short visit of the company…
- check if everything is correct
- conditions and rules to be respected
- signing documents
- payment of a deposit of 50 euros for the keys
- internship tasks
- Company Description
- information about the mentor
- how to join the company
ALFMED staff provides participants with a 24/7 emergency number.
The follow-up of the internship is done every week by email or by direct contact (easy because the residences are all 5 minutes from the academy). In the event of a problem with the mentor, the staff knows how to react very quickly and find solutions.
For long programs (more than 4 weeks), a transcript and an evaluation in French are carried out at ALFMED
Ensure the correct validation procedures in order to allow the recognition of the skills acquired by the participants: Transcript of marks of the intern, certificate from the host company, Europass Mobility, French language certificate according to the European language framework, etc.
- French language assessment conducted on the last day of the program by our staff
- the assessment certificate (ECVET: European Credit System for Vocation Education and Training° is provided by the company mentor and verified by our staff
- feedback on quality against sponsor objectives dissemination and transfer of results
- Florence Delseny Sobra: General Manager
- Erika Leone and Nataliya Malakhova: responsible for European projects