LIFE IN PERPIGNAN
ALFMED is located in PERPIGNAN, which is the southernmost city in France and the capital of the department of Pyrénées-Orientales. With 150 000 inhabitants, Perpignan is the biggest city of the Occitanie region after Montpellier and Toulouse. Throughout the year, Perpignan is visited by 4 million tourists. The proximity of the Mediterranean Sea and the Pyrenees attracts all kinds of people.
- The City, the Sea and the Earth together: Magic! Go from an urban world to a Mediterranean landscape or a wine-growing area in the blink of an eye
- A living Catalan culture! Here we cultivate our traditions, we speak Catalan, we build Castells and we dance the Sardana
- An open-air museum: Perpignan Méditerranée has been awarded many labels and is also classified as a Grand Site Occitanie
- Unique natural panoramas: Gorges, lakes, caves, beaches… On foot or by bike: Wow effect guaranteed! Get out your smartphones
- A generous land and top wines! Apricots, artichokes, wines and olive oil… You are here in the gardens of the Mediterranean.
- People and Stories: From Tautavel to Rivesaltes, our destination is a land of welcome, exile and passage.
- XXL events: VISA pour l’image, Les Déferlantes, Electrobeach Festival, FISE Xperience… Vibrate all year long!
- 22km of vast beaches: Family, wild and natural, naturist, lounge or sporty… To each his favorite beach.
- Cool and festive straw huts: From April to September, meet in these ephemeral huts, nuggets of our coastline…
- Catalan arts and crafts: Unique know-how: Garnet, weaving, ceramics, fishermen’s huts and Catalan boats