Since 2014 we have been preparing 150 candidates a year for Cambridge diplomas… and it works! We offer a “CAMBRIDGE YLE” program for Primary and Middle School students!
These programs are provided by native and qualified trainers Cambridge pedagogy, playful and adapted supports
To respect the pace of our students, this program takes place outside school holidays.
From November 8, 2022 to June 2023: 25 hours of preparation at ALFMED
Examination of the Cambridge YLE [Young Learners] Diploma:
- June 27, 2023 for Starters
- June 17, 2023 for KETs and PETs
- June 28 for Flyers and Movers
Classes Tuesdays from 6 p.m. to 7 p.m. except for PET, Thursdays from 5 p.m. to 6 p.m.
Groups of 5 to 15 students maximum formed by level:
- 7-10 years old (1st grade-5th grade): Starters: pre-A1
- 11-12 years old (6th grade): Movers: A1-A2
- 12-13 years old (7th grade): Flyers: A1-A2
- 13-14 years old (8th grade): Ket: A2
- 14-15 years (9th grade): Pet: B1
Online test and pre-registration questionnaire
Price for the year: 360€
Thanks to our SMART Family Card, the program at 295€!
WHAT ARE THE SKILLS ASSESSED?
- Oral comprehension: between 40 and 60 minutes (depending on the type of exam)
- Comprehension and written expression: between 40 and 60 minutes
- Oral expression: between 5 and 10 minutes
WHAT DO CHILDREN RECEIVE?
Test results are communicated in a way that encourages students. Each child who passed the test receives a diploma. The certificate gives a level assessment – between 1 and 5 in the form of badges – for each skill assessed.
WHY TAKE THE CAMBRIDGE YOUNG LEARNERS ENGLISH (YLE) EXAMS?
- To promote oral practice while securing written learning
- To guarantee a simple, useful and serious use of the language – in addition to the school curriculum
- To assess accurately and impartially
- To give a positive first impression of international testing
- To develop learning and teaching
- To encourage future learning and teaching
- To validate each stage of learning and enhance the level of the learner
KAITLYN - STARTERS
Starters (PréA1) will be prepared by Kaitlyn :
- Exam format: paper
- 3 tests to pass (comprehension and written and oral expression)
- Duration of the test approximately 45 min
- This test introduces you to everyday written and spoken English in a fun and motivating way.